Dimensions of a Vessel
- Important Notices:
- This procedure calculates the optimum dimensions of a cylinderical
pressure vessel with a known volume. The following restrictions apply:
- Minimum design pressure is 50 PSIG. Input values less than the minimum
will be reset by the server.
- Minimum valid calculated diameter is 2 ft (0.6 m). Vessels smaller than
this minimum are usually fabricated from standard piping. The procedure will not reset the
calculated diameter if it falls below this limit.
- Maximum valid calculated length is 60 ft (20 m). The procedure will not
reset the calculated length if it is above this limit.
- Material of construction is carbon steel.
- A more comprehensive and powerful version of this procedure is available
online through the clients
gateway (password required). The full version of this procedure is part of our Process Designer®
line of intelligent software.
Copyright © 1996, Process Associates of America. All